Skip to main content

Sunday Thoughts - Feeling

For me, "negative" or "positive" emotions have never really existed. Perhaps they should, but I do think happy people feel both. I understand where we are encouraged to show gratitude & hope, but those things only come from feeling the pains of ordinary life. It all works together, the good & the bad, to help us grow. You should know I'm growing. But there are negative people in the world, those who never choose to accept that ordinary life is a gift no matter what the day brings. There are those who refuse to accept the flaws of others or that we live in a fallen world full of imperfect people trying to do their best. And even still, we can only choose how we act & react. I will get frustrated when I'm frustrated, but I will own it & I will fight the urge to linger in it. Because of a quote that has stayed with me, "it's not a sin to get discouraged, it's a sin to linger in discouragement" & maybe I should add "by choice". Abuse of oneself or others is unacceptable in the eyes of God because there is always hope in our Savior. The hard part is coming to understand that pure love so that you can accept it as truth. Our fruits of the feelings that come are what define us.

I'm 30 weeks today & the energy is going back down & the appetite is going back up. This little girl doesn't move nearly as much as my other children. I'm grateful for the kicks even when they keep me up, because I like to be reminded of that life growing strong. Anxiety. The only other hard part of this pregnancy are the burning pelvic pains which I suppose are ligament changes or Dallin asking to be held every other minute. His first 2 year molar finally poked through. And maybe he knows he won't be my baby for much longer. I read my first book for the year, The Nightingale. Boy do WWII books take their toll on my soul, but I love them. I bought a used swing for the baby. I'm trying to find the last few things to make the transition as best as possible, but I'm ready for this to happen.


I'm up 30 lbs so just a lb a week! haha.
Low BP, 140 baby HR, no diabetes or anemia.
She doesn't move as much as I remember with my others, so I've worried a little more until she wiggles inside me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...