Skip to main content

It's a Girl! April 22!

It was definitely a great visit when we got to see this wiggly little baby & find out Lexi is going to have a SISTER! Mr Smith was wishing for a boy mostly because Lexi & I were really hoping for a GIRL! I'm so excited to go back through all the little girl things again; I was not ready to go back through little boy stuff so quickly. Dallin will do well to be smooshed between all this estrogen. They also confirmed that I was measuring 2 weeks behind when based off the last period date, but since I told them I'm not average & that I KNEW I was two weeks later, then all is well. April 22 is the due date for this bundle of joy! In all honestly, April is a really great month to have a baby even if the girls hate sharing it later on. And our deductible resets April 1st so I'm glad it's after that!

Outside of some mental exhaustion, indigestion, weight gain in the booty (I'm already 15lbs heavier, yikes!), gas, some acne & typical aches & pains, all is well. The doc said my placenta is in front of my uterus & that's the first time I remember learning anything about placenta placement, but it can be a reason for not feeling her crazy self moving so much. The kicks are starting to get stronger though; I usually always feel her as I lay down at night.

The kids had fun at Del Lou & Bill's house during my appointment. It was great not having to wrestle them even though I know Lexi would have enjoyed seeing the baby for a little bit. I was just glad Mr Smith made a point to be there. It might be one of the rare times this child got undivided attention from her parents! Sorry in advance! I decided to get a cupcake with pink frosting on the way to pick them up and surprised her when she opened the box. I was worried she would forget all about the baby when she saw all the frosting, but I think she got it ;) Her favorite color is blue so I definitely had to explain what the color meant beforehand & later she asked me why blue meant boy, haha! Sometimes I still think she prefers it because it's her dad's favorite color.

Introducing a baby whose name will be unsettled until April:



 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...