Skip to main content

Christmas Letter

Hello Family & Friends!

As this year comes to a close, I wanted to reach out to you & let you know how grateful I am for your support & love over the years. And although Mr Smith may never say those words aloud, I know he appreciates you too =) If anything, it's those who keep me grounded & sane that he couldn't thank more.

2017 has been a special year of waiting & changing. We're very grateful for our many blessings. I appreciate the inspiration a friend gave me to put this pdf together to reflect on the blessings from this year (& moments of growth). We are still adjusting to Boise, but Eric is enjoying his new work atmosphere and has received strong confirmation that Boise is home. I'm sure my confirmation will come in time, ha! I am only working around 10 hours a week remotely now. Baby is doing well. As far as nausea goes, this has been my best pregnancy. 

Lexi & Dallin have grown so much & it's a cherished gift to be their mother & watch them grow. Dallin has started talking a lot more (in context, not demand) & Lexi is learning to recognize words & read. Dallin loves cars & animals. Lexi loves dolls & art. Lexi is a lover & Dallin is a fighter, although he definitely has a tender side under all that baby fluff. They have developed such a strong friendship & they love to make messes together. Parenthood is definitely my growth opportunity in this life and as I learn from my kids e ach day, I'm able to reflect on the love our Heavenly Parents must have for all of us. 

Even with the worldly chaos & confusion, there is always so much hope in each day due to our Heavenly Father's plan for all of us. Reflecting on our Savior's birth reminds us why we are here, what we are fighting to overcome and who is always on our side. I know we have a Savior who loves us, who feels for us and who strengthens us. My theme for last year carried into this year - this idea that I'm not here to find comfort or become comfortable in the world - growth is not comfortable! Our Heavenly parents want us to return to live with them and experience true & everlasting joy. We can overcome our sorrows here knowing that because of our Savior, we can receive everlasting joy in the eternities!  Overcoming may not be comfortable, and we might fear just how difficult becoming our best selves may be, but I know we are guided in this life by the Holy Ghost & lifted by the love of our Savior - many times by those who are around us seeking to be His angels on earth. 

I hope & pray for the time we're all together again. It's truly a great blessing in my life to know so many wonderful people. We send our love to you from Idaho [of all places =)]


Merry Christmas! 
Eric, Kayla, Lexi, Dallin & baby girl  









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...