Skip to main content

It's Time.

I've been trying to follow the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey and then Irma. We've watched smoke fill the skies here in Idaho from all the west coast fires. It's costly to "fix" or "control" these situations, but surprisingly few have died from them. Perhaps it's still just a period of warning. A period of preparation. I do believe our carbon footprint plays a role. I do believe this world wasn't built to sustain our waste eternally. I do believe at some point, things will get much worse. But as the natural comforts of man get worse, I do believe our souls can still thrive and find hope in these last days. It's easy to see that when you watch neighbors work together, fight for each other & cry with strangers. I think the world needs a little more of this empathy & we can turn to it instead of fear. 

It's also the day of the 9/11 memory. N Korea wants to fight for their right to claim victory over America now. Unfortunately, the rest of the world still suffers greatly under tyrants & dictators. We might have Trump for a President and a crazy left & right wing divide, but even today, we're still very blessed. 

Today also marks the day Eric's parents go into the MTC. They'll leave for Brazil in a few short weeks. And Mr Smith went back to work. So today is a small farewell to them and I guess that means I'm back to my independence. It's honestly easier to set a routine when I know it's just me. I tend to lean on Mr Smith too much when he is around. I've let myself be exhausted, sick, depressed or weak and now I can move on I suppose. 

It's time to set a new routine, in a new place. It's time to meet new people and allow myself to be changed. It's time to be humble and accept new things. Perhaps I will adjust and perhaps make some small sort of difference. 





Gammi came to visit the day we moved in. It was nice to finally move in and make a home cooked meal. Hopefully we can stay away from Target & Walmart for a little longer. And hopefully the story time at the library was better than the music time. We will find our groove. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...