Skip to main content

We Might Not Know It OR We Might Know Just Enough

You might not know it, but there has definitely been stress up in this house this...i don't know entire year thus far. We're hoping for changes soon BUT UNTIL THEN we at least got AC installed for the summer instead of a swamp cooler. That's a bright side, right? We've officially labeled myself as someone with anxiety. For the most part I keep it at bay (don't talk to Mr Smith), but life has it's way of shaking up our comfort zones from time to time. 

I'm hoping our allergies die down some. I know that's a lot to ask for in Spring. And I need to make a new doc apt... I'm just not sure on timing. But I haven't started my period and am, therefore, concerned. I still want to bear children in the near future. I do not want cancer. I thought I had my thyroid issue all figured out BUT MAYBE we can just blame all this on that! Except I was fine 6 months post-partum and I take "them pills"consistently. I hate the unknown. take away a little of my control as well and CUE ANXIETY. I'm not just talking about my overall health, but that's an example.

Plus all these other people with cancer or a track record for hating all things vaccinations or chemicals or food lacking in nutrients and I feel like I'm swimming in a pool of hopelessness. HOW WILL WE EVER SURVIVE OR MAKE SENSE OF THE WORLD. or at least get my family to eat vegetables. We might not. Not until the end. What a glorious day when all things will be brought to remembrance. HOPEFULLY all my terrible words of a crazed mother will be repented of because I really would not like to have those haunt me for eternity. The point is people, I'm definitely in need of the love of my Savior, His Atonement & forgiveness. I need His hope, His strength & His perspective. 

Cause sometimes my perspective sucks. hahahahaha. Ok, I'm teaching a lesson tomorrow at church on Faith. It's not ironic. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...