Skip to main content

Painful


HAVE MERCY - Dallin has been painfully needy the past two weeks. It got SO bad that I'm literally pushing him off my leg and letting him fall onto the couch or floor or whatever yelling "get the freak off me" because I've just had it. My only breaks are when he takes a bottle. MAYBE some of the moments are from bad mommy letting nap or meal time get away from me, but if I'm sitting down or standing up, SOMEONE is begging for me to touch them. And the other is probably crying because WORD whininess hit an all new max recently. Dallin has to be teething again, it's a long drawn out process.

OK...speaking of whine...there ya go. Uncle Rand visited which was AWESOME. It's like catching up on the past, present & future when you get together with family or friends who knew you from long ago. Sometimes the present gets ahead of me and it's just crazy to think how far we have come.

My mom got her long awaited job at Delta Airlines. That's new & exciting & promising. Cause SURELY this coming July will be my first & last attempt flying with multiple toddlers.

I had this whole other section about our success and the lack of, yeeetttt it wasn't saved. Google saves everything so I'm betting it was Mr Smith. I shouldn't raise the knife until I know for sure but...i'll try and remember it for later.

Recent things for Dallin: He has taken up pointing along with his grunts to communicate AND he has a new fetish with belly buttons. He has been more predictable with naps since he turned 1 so that's a plus. We mostly stick with one at 12 to make it easy, but sometimes he takes 2, 1-hr naps still. At 14 months he is 26 lbs. Lexi at 4 yrs is 35lbs. Perspective.



Mother's Day was sweet & simple. Dad prepared something other than nachos for the first time in a year. A neighbor was selling their bike trailer so I decided to take the plunge and I LOVE riding them around the area. I wish the seating was a little easier, but we have made it work. They love it - I'm just dreaming about that garage...




PS - I did start my period. I guess my body just needed a little extra time. Good thing I didn't have to waste a doctor visit with my paranoia! Although definitely not something to look forward to, I think it says something to appreciate our bodies functioning properly. Yay for womanhood! I'm still borderline underweight at 133lbs. Someone could study my genes if they're curious. I lost weight having children, how about that. I'm the new skinny fat (I should be fat, but I'm skinny). Go on haters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...