Skip to main content

Next Victim Is...

OH IT GETS BETTER! Next victim, Lexi.

Who got her first 24 hours fever/stomach bug, which was completely unexpected because WE JUST started seeing people again. She played with a couple of preschool kids and her cousin one day and another friend on the days I had to run into work. The weekend comes and as we get home from playing with her friend she puts herself to bed and sleeps for hours. By the time dad came home, I knew something was up and she had a high fever that night. It broke sometime the following afternoon after one puking session (that ended up on dad).  The next night she was back to eating and her high energy self. It's crazy how quickly our bodies can tear us down! Everyone keeps saying that exposure to germs helps us in the long run, but it definitely sucks now! And I'm curious how true that is.

Cause I'm kinda done. I know it won't be our last cold or fever, but it would be nice to have a little break. We apparently scared everyone a few days later when a faint rash appeared on her cheeks and then all over her body. Turns out there is such thing as a viral rash after a fever that tells you the virus has run it's course. Thank goodness I didn't drop her off at grandma's house to give everyone the chicken pox! =) (tiny red spots, not raised, not itchy or bothersome, evenly spread all over).

There were a few good things that happened between Dallin's Croup, My Mastitis & Lexi's Fever... so I'll try to recap a little on those events...all in a month's time. Mr Smith is next I guess. He was sounding a little stuffy on the phone so it makes sense he would have a cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...