Skip to main content

Halloween 2016

Every year it gets a little more and more exciting...for her...and more tiresome for us, ha! But we do what we can and Gammi makes it easier with her fabulous home-sewn costumes. I love that Dallin got to re-wear R2D2. Lexi likes Star Wars due to brainwashing? and although mermaid got into her head, she thought Princess Leia was pretty cool. She even let me do sock buns without complaint. No hairspray on hand so I was surprised they lasted as long as they did. 

Her favorite part of Halloween? Candy. She thought she got a ton. Dad came home just in time to go to the ward's trunk or treat for 30 min and she got a few handfuls. Then we went to visit Grandma & Grandpa Smith, Lance & then Grandma Jane. I was wiped. But apparently not as much as Dallin who slept 15 min after leaving the house, right in dads arms as we passed out candy. Lexi only visited a couple of actual doors and was ready to take it all so maybe next year we'll learn how to be more polite... I've just learned we just need to choose one activity.  It worked out where she got invited to a Halloween party lunchtime that day and I dropped her off while Dallin slept. Talk about perfect.

 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...