Skip to main content

Pumpkins

I never thought I'd get this distracted from my blog, but it's getting harder and harder to stay motivated. But I must. Or all of these days will be left behind and I just can't have that. Today we went to the pumpkin patch! The weather has been nicer this week so I'm glad we got the chance to go with cousins no less. Dallin slept on me the majority of the time and Lexi & Maren played & played. I think the slide was this year's favorite, but everything is an adventure for a 3 year old.

All three of us came down with colds the last week or so, which means we've been hiding out more than normal. It was nice to feel fall for a bit. Dallin has showed some promise of sleeping better and I think would be doing so in his own room where Lexi's cough didn't wake him or if he we cleared of sickness himself. He has put himself to sleep well the last few nights. Naps are still torture. I also see imprints of 4 top teeth as well. So we shall see. I still kiss those soft cheeks every second I get. And did I tell you we moved up to the cheerio phase now? Win.


I just love how uncooperative both of them were, but that's only if I'm going for the ideal shot, which is always. Doesn't matter, remember two years ago when Lexi was biting Maren's hand? Good thing we are now showing our affection in others ways. It's still received about the same.

 

 
 


I really do love fall. It leaves us way too quickly, but the colors make every photo beautiful. Next week I'm going in for nose surgery, but not the plastics kind. I had a consult 3 weeks ago regarding my deviated septum & sinuses. The doc said it was pretty bad internally, but nothing they can't make right again and he said it'll make a world of difference. We shall see. Now or never when it comes to timing, so we're going for it. Wish me luck. I'm a little nervous.

But I'm not rushing past Halloween yet. I'll have MORE pictures of the kids all dressed up soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...