Skip to main content

Magic

This afternoon, at approximately 2 PM, both of my children napped for 2 hours and neither napped on top of me. TALK ABOUT MAGICAL. I worked in silence. And basically this came about as I was about to blow my brains out trying to read emails with both kids in my lap. Dallin won't stop touching everything within site and Lexi is singing in a toddler tone words that don't even make sense. One of those "Everyone stop or mama is going to explode". I dropped Dallin into the crib crying, told Lexi to get in my bed and we smiled as I shut the door (like who knows what she'll try to do but I'm shutting the door any way), went back to feed & rock Dallin and lay him back down in slumber and BAM both children actually stayed put and cooperated. Every mother's dream.

Successes of the day: 1) Made it on time to library preschool with only a few minor threats when it took 5 years for her to get her socks on and when she asked for a fruit pouch walking into the library. Insert eye roll and a big fat "get over it" 2) Called after to get my alignment checked and there was NO wait time so I rushed over and they resolved the issue FREE since it did have to do with that one wheel that they helped "resolve" before. Tire pressure & they switched it to the passenger side. No more veering right? Tires are in good shape he said 3) Made time for attempted ward missionary efforts that failed BUT I did it and the walk was still great 4) The said naps mentioned above 5) I actually have some ground turkey thawed out for dinner, although I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

And that's an accomplished day people... 

I'll go ahead and mention that Mr Smith vacuumed all the rooms this morning and cut the hair from the vacuum twice in that process. He might have topped me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...