Skip to main content

F I V E M O N T H S



I know, I know he's a keeper. I'm like a week late on his 15 month update, but life is attacking me. Yet I hear about Sharon & baby Cora who broke her femur, and Sharon still manages a major trip with the other three girls or I hear about this lady I visit teach who had a miscarriage at 14 weeks and then was in a motorcycle accident with her husband a couple weeks later and I'm like, okay... how am I even saying life is attacking me. Nothing traumatic has happened; I (relatively) create my own schedule, so why do I feel crazy 99% of the time!? But alas, I'm just weak I guess. And still incredibly exhausted and now sick.

There was a ray of sunshine, a glimmer of hope, light at the end of the tunnel a week or so ago, but it has faded. There was one morning we woke up and he truly slept through the night, which for us was counting from 10-7 I think. Then it was Mr Smith getting up the first time, then me the 2nd, but for the most part he was going back to sleep quick and I didn't feed him before 4 AM. So we moved Lexi back in with Dallin because I was dying to be kid free out of my room. And the second night Dallin just freaked out. And last night he freaked out. So Lexi was back in our bed. And then we put her back in her bed and brought Dallin back to our bed. We lay him down around 8/830 and he is fussing an hour later and seriously, he just has problems. Sleep dude! His naps are even stressful too. Super inconsistent about how long he will sleep for. He just wants constant comfort!

So I'm at a loss when it comes to his sleep. Perhaps he is feeling sick on the inside and this is just for short period of time... he acts fine during the day...perhaps a bit more fussy for his general easy going nature. He probably has an ear ache. Or he is probably just needy. He just doesn't comfort himself like Lexi did after crying it out. And I know he is capable, which is more frustrating. 


So besides sleep, which is a sore subject currently... Mr Dallin is still packing on the rolls I'm sure. He averages 4 oz of solids before bed at night. And then I nurse him to sleep. He goes down first around 830 and wakes around 730 (which is a joke because there is a chance of 10 PM & 1 AM & 4 AM).

He has zero interest in rolling over, but likes to sit (not stable for long). He will move himself around still and has rolled belly to back trying to look for me, but it still takes a lot of tempting. He definitely doesn't enjoy putting weight on his legs. And there is still a lot of that.

Still open mouth smiles & chuckles a lot, but just recently started more gurgling and shrills.

He is getting A LITTLE more interested in toys by grabbing on, but still just mostly enjoys being held whether in the body carrier or someones arms, but that gets heavy quick... he will watch me cook dinner in the bumpo and enjoys when his sister is willing to entertain him... he is still pretty chill (goes to anyone) but definitely doesn't like being left alone in a room for long.

He likes his pacifier, it has become a more needed way to calm him. He tries to put it in his mouth, but also still enjoys his hands, or my hands... or your hands...

No doubt we are 20+lbs now and basically in size 12 month clothes. I'm starting to phase out 9 month for being too tight. I need winter to come asap. 

My favorite things about Dallin: 

When he is sitting in my lap and looks up at my face, when he wakes up happy and smiles at me first thing, his smiles & laughs of course, the way he moves his arm when he nurses, when he laughs with his sister & when he just sits there calmly when I need him to. I even like his fussy sounds when he is getting just a little impatient for food & sleep. 

I'm sure there is more, but my memory has been shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...