Skip to main content

99%


Well, he had the chance to be perfect and he blew it. I guess a little too much spit up these days and his clothes weighed him down a few weeks ago when we weighed him at 20lbs, he is a mere 19lb 11oz. Typically, he is wearing clothes, so I'm still lugging around a 20 pounder. That puts him at the 99th percentile for weight. I'd love to meet the other 1% babies. They should be friends.

The official stats:
Weight: 19lb 11.5oz 99%
Height: 26.5in 92%
Head: 43.5cm 92%

We talked to the doctor about the molars. She said they are raised up, but she doubts they'll be rupturing through the skin to cause any teething pains (although I'm still not sure how she knows this). So that excuse is out the window and we don't officially have teeth yet. 

We talked to the doctor about his sleep. How he likes to wake up a lot at night. I had been feeding him 1-2 times a night still. She said to stop it unless it has been 8 hours. He is a big boy and can surely learn to sleep longer than 3 hour stretches. She suggested tough love. So I'm committed. It just helps hearing it from the doctor I suppose. I've been meaning to get around to it...

And we talked about starting solids, which already happened but in a noncommittal way. She suggested a cereal feeding before bed every night. Then after a week, introduce some vegetables one at a time. By 6 months, 1-2 meals a day should be solids. We jumped in pretty quick with Lexi too. I'm not sure I understand people who object to it. I love expanding our world. And maybe it'll help him spit up less and sleep longer. 

We confirmed he is starting to grab more, laughs a lot, pushes up on his elbows, and she thought he was already rolling over stomach to back from how easy she got him to do it, but I guess we don't do tummy time enough to really know... He prefers sitting up, which she said it seems he is ready to do.

Basically, WHERE DID MY BABY GO?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...