Skip to main content

Fan Club



I think I might have a slight love affair with this little guy. He is just so chill! I know the 3 month growth spurt made Alexis hard to handle, so I'm sure the time is only coming where I can't say that, but I have a feeling he is going to be a great little kid. If he slept the 3-4 hour stretches at night consistently, I'd have to say he was perfect. I'm honestly grateful he doesn't need a pacifier while he sleeps. It still lulls him to sleep but he always spits it out once he hits snooze. If I try to put it in when he wakes though, no lulling. He just wants to be nursed. He does this head banging thing on my chest. Which sometimes means he needs to burp as well. But really it's just a guess. His nose could itch for all I know. And he also starting biting on his hands a lot. Another hunger cue I suppose. I coughed it up to teething when Lexi started that. My favorite things are still when he holds onto my shirt or scratches my back when nursing.

I'm balancing two kids and working part-time with Netflix kid channels. I consider my exercise getting them in and out of the car. Cereal keeps me alive. My biggest regrets are not getting more videos and better photos. Actually, more than that would be not doing more preschool activities with Lexi and those few swear words in the middle of the night that first month with Dallin. The weather has been really unfavorable for May, but I'm sort of grateful for the rainy, cold day excuses to be lazy. I feel accomplished when the laundry makes it all the way to being put away and the dishes are done. However, most days the accomplishment is remembering to brush my teeth.


He has a fan club.

{notice Lexi's shirt is inside out and backwards. That's the life. Also forget about what I said about brushing her hair, even Dad is struggling these days. It's rough being a girl sometimes.}

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...