Skip to main content

Celebrating All Things Love-ly

In a world of little girls, there are spa days, dress up days & baking days. Maybe this will happen with little boys too; I just don't know yet. The week of Valentines was spent enjoying time with this little girl and squeezing in as much love as we could. 



We attempted sugar cookies for the first time. She was sooo excited to call out the ingredients, put them in the bowl & cut out hearts. And I thought they turned out alright considering. She made some love notes to go with them and dad helped us drop some off to her favorite people: our neighbors, Uncle Troy, Maren & Grandma/Grandpa Smith/Lisa/Gma Jane


We have FAILED at using our gym pass ever since I got obnoxiously pregnant (basically once the outdoor waterpark closed) so I suggested we head to the indoor pool that Saturday since for once we didn't have plans and I knew she would LOVE it. I hated to think of her not remembering what swimming even is! I want her to feel comfortable and unlike my hopes, she was timid when it came to finally getting into the water. But as is her personality, she conquers her fears (with dad's help) and had a great 2 hours with daddy. I remained in my yoga pants on the side lines. The only pants that seem to fit these days. If you're under 3, you have to wear protective diapers which we called "water panties" in order for her to wear them. Have I told you how grateful I am at her ability to potty train?




The reality of love is that it is a matter of give and take, apparently. Charity taketh nothing, but we aren't there yet, because we both want something the other doesn't and we give in to get what we want. Mr Smith gives up a photo (soooo hard) and I give up my sore wrist joints to a 30 min back massage.  He is cute, so I put up with him. 
I… I gave (am giving) him cute children.
  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...