Skip to main content

On Basketballs & Sharing

32 & 33 weeks, a complete basketball
I gained 1 lb from 31-33 weeks. 30 lbs in all still. 
Symptoms: mid-back, right rib under boob & vagina pain. Slight loss of appetite.
The natural muscle relaxant also causes it's fair share of problems.

But this is how we really feel . . . week 33 began with a second round of congestion & coughs


Mr Smith took this on his way out last week and it cracked me up. She comes to our bed the last hour of the morning about half the time, but only to daddy's side, you see. Because THAT is how she ends up sleeping and that is why mom says no.


I finished two, half yard baby blankets. Ended up gifting one to Rand & Sav although it isn't the best gift. My sewing skills have a long way to go and this is the easiest type of blanket to sew! The issue was getting the two pieces to match up. 1. Stretchy fabric 2. Big belly on the floor trying to cut & pin straight. But that's one thing off the list!

We also did the hospital tour today so that we know where we are going when the panic attack strikes, yikes! I get so nervous about rushing to the hospital when last time we walked in with an appointment… but the rooms look great. Much better layout than last time and Mr Smith may actually have room to sleep. Another good thing, I should only need to stay for 24 hours. Lexi saying hospital is pretty cute. When you can understand her, it's a cute mouth that goes with that cute face. Seriously, I have a crush on her most moments of the day. 

Me: "Excuse me, you're in my way"
Lexi: "you're in my way!"

Me: *trying to explain that she isn't allowed to use my pens*
Lexi: "We can share and be nice to each other"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...