Skip to main content

October Spirit

In the last week of October we finally caught some festive fall happenings at a nearby pumpkin patch.


She had so much fun! And I did too. I was pleasantly surprised that there was so much to do for free! During school hours adults don't have to pay, but it's only $1 afternoons to get in so obviously they are just nice folks and it's appreciated since it's hard to find fun, affordable ideas in this area that don't make you feel like a sardine with a billion other kids. She did the kids maze, pet several animals, walked through a little "haunted house" without holding my hand, went down their slide, walked around hay barrels, wallered all in their corn box and took a nice hayride through the pumpkin patch and corn field! It was great. ESPECIALLY with her best buddy by her side. These girls are just a couple days apart and really do love each other. As soon as we got there, they ran to each other and gave each other a big hug. She wants to play with Emma all the time. Her mom was a college friend of mine (awesome person) so it's so fun to share this time together with our girls. 



While we were waiting on Emma to get there, we ran around playing Lexi's favorite game of chase & hide and seek and luckily she made a friend who took her by the hand, it was so cute! I love older kids who love younger kids.






They both can dish & take which is why it's nice that they are friends and probably why they are friends! When they were both younger we had to explain to others that our girls were "intense" huggers. I was so glad to hear we weren't alone! ha.


Look at that cheese face! She is adorable, I dare say. And good friends are a necessary part of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...