Skip to main content

"Mommy I'm Happy"

For some reason, my pregnancy seemed to actually be going by fairly quickly until I hit week 17 and now I feel like I've been at a standstill. Why does life get like that? Finding out the gender just makes me think about week 40 and how much further my belly has to go? I'm not sure. I don't really want to rush the holiday seasons, but since when does March give us something to look forward to? Baby Smith - he's what's up. We're not talking names, really talking names, until around then, so just let it go. What else can distract me? How to rearrange their room? Diaper deals (oh heavens I have to buy those again!!). Photo possibilities. Boy clothes. Figuring out what to do about a double stroller... I guess just enjoying our time giving all of our attention to Lexi. All the things we enjoy now that she is big enough, we need to squeeze in before the 1-1 dates make that an only possibility. Any way, I'm almost at week 19 waiting on week 20. That's about how it goes. At least the weather is perfect. And her cuteness keeps me going every day.

Her antics from the week: Insisting that she wears her princess Elsa dress to the grocery store. Insisting that she paint my toe nails during General Conference. And getting upset over nothing this week. When those times come, I typically tell her we can't go where she'd like to go until she is happy. Especially when she is still whining as I'm holding her - aka I don't do that. I let her hash out those toddler hormones and then she comes to me when she is ready to go. It took her about 10 minutes after getting upset with me for taking a picture in the mirror (aka I probably wasn't giving her enough attention) - 10 minutes of wallering in my bed with the whine/cry until finally she said "mommy I'm happy. We go to grandma's"

PS - a few days later I found a secondary molar had erupted. So perhaps she has her reasons.




<week 18>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...