Skip to main content

From Diapers to Panties, Wish Us Luck

We are going to start the 3-day potty training technique tomorrow. Wish us luck!! I have heard about this for awhile and mentally blocked it out for as long as possible. You're right, I could have kept on going, but I much prefer returning the giant Target pack of diapers and getting this over with while I can. We are well stocked with sugar treats, stickers and a couple prize toys, 20 pairs of underwear, flushable wipes...what else? I'm most concerned that I'm going to die of boredom and exhaustion from following a 2 year old around every second she is awake. And of course I'm worried about having time to get enough snacks in since I'm not supposed to take my eyes off her. I really hope this is one of those things that comes easier than my worst nightmare. My goal is not to take weeks and months just to end up in nightly pull ups. So this will be worth it, right?

Oh crap. I just realized I forgot about the carpet cleaner!! (I'll send Mr Smith since he did so well with picking up the milk and eggs I requested *cough*)



Failure is not an option!!

She is ready. I think she'll do fine once she gets the hang of it. She still only tells me when she needs to go after the fact (and doesn't really care about pee in a diaper), so we'll see how well the first day goes! I think she'll be scared going the first time, but she gets really encouraged by praise and accomplishment of something new and adult-like. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...