Skip to main content

Belly Bump at 16 weeks

Fooled ya still! 

I'm 16 weeks now and believe it or not I STILL do NOT have a belly photo. I'm not sure why a picture seems like agony these days, but I do have a story to go along with it this time. We went to the temple on Saturday to do baptisms (which I haven't done since I've been endowed) and boy did we pick the wrong time! (although we didn't pick it, it's just the time that worked out). We got stuck right in the middle of a group of young women. That part is essential to the story because when it was FINALLY my turn to sit in the room with the font (when one leaves, another enters; there are like 7 seated spots for the women), the temple worker told me the young women were squishing on the bench and so I could wait a couple turns because older women like us need a little more space especially with a baby on the way. I'M BARELY SHOWING PEOPLE. Any way, I glared at Mr Smith stating she was bold. We hear of people making such comments, but I swear you're still startled when people are special enough to make them to you. Those white jumpsuits aren't apparently flattering when I'm sitting down. The "poof" is indeed a baby bump. It's no longer inflated air from a day's worth of food, it's pretty permanent. 

I'm not sure why I don't like hearing that I look pregnant, but I just hate the "fat phase" of pregnancy. I either want to be big & noticeably pregnant or not show at all. The awkward fat phase that all women know about is just that, awkward and I'm 100% okay with people completely ignoring it. I still don't have much to say about it at this point. We're having a baby in March. Not sure what kind, but hopefully human. How am I doing? - I feel pregnant. Read about it on the blog. And those are the words of a snarky, ungrateful pregnant lady.

Actually, I do feel tons better at this point. I still have energy crashes and some random indigestion / nausea at times, but it's great to be mostly back to normal.  I had vertigo 2 nights ago, which made sleeping even more challenging since Mr Smith let Lexi into our room to sleep and I got woken every hour by a jab to the face or rib cage. Needless to say - that's not happening again. No one likes waking up with a headache.

PS - This goes to show you that time doesn't change us; it seems I took some photos with Eric when we were 13 weeks along, but I didn't personally have a belly photo until 18 weeks because I was still barely showing then and my sentiments towards belly photos were still the same. However, I guess I am showing 2 weeks ahead the second time around.

PPS - The official 1 week post the potty training weekend and she hasn't had accidents at night or at nap time for several days now. She still probably has one a day right before bedtime for whatever reason. And the only other time she has accidents is when she is at someone else's house without me. Even if she is on her way to the potty - she apparently just can't hold it enough in those situations, which is difficult because I still need people to watch her when I go to work. It'll just take time there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...