Skip to main content

No Longer Weighed Down

This has been on my to-do list for awhile (cutting my hair and donating it), but one that could easily be shoved off. I wasn't able to do anything fun with the length and it was impossible to blow-dry. Since mom was in town, I decided it would be the ideal time to go since she could watch Lexi. I reached out for opinions and my cousins told me Great Clips did a free cut for hair donations and then I mailed off the hair a few days later to Wigs for Kids, which I was told provides free wigs to kids. So I hope it arrived safety and was put to good use. I on the other hand feel 12.5 inches and pounds lighter in this dry heat. But a hair cut always takes a little getting used to. I felt myself get emotional on the first cut and then after that I was like - whatever.  I am blessed with fast growing hair. I need another inch to get back to my easy ponytail and maybe in time I'll go back for layers.  I have only had it cut this short once in my life. And that's after I made my roommate cut my hair after paying someone else to do it. So here it is if you don't follow me on Instagram . . . one day I'll remember to do side by side before & afters.

BEFORE

  


AFTER



And then I tried having a goofy face-off with Lexi and I think she won with the eye roll. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...