Skip to main content

Coming Back to NC

No one likes getting to the airport. I hate saying goodbye and Mr Smith can always guess I'll tear up as soon as the words come out. We had A TON of stuff to maneuver through security, but we figured it out. The first flight to Dallas involved her being a wiggly lap child, but at least she didn't try and get down or climb over others. We rotated through 5 minutes of entertainment at a time. For the second flight, we ended up next to a couple of metal rockers who were finishing up a tour - Killer Dwarfs. Very friendly and supportive of my sleep deprived toddler, but luckily she was snoozing once the plane took off and watched a few 10 min promo videos on the Kindle before landing in Charlotte. We made it. Mrs Harriett picked us up and I remembered how much I loved the people of Hickory.


I didn't really think I'd ever be back here, at least not for awhile. Plane tickets aren't cheap and we peaced out in a rush 7 months ago.  I have bittersweet memories of this state, but mostly sweet. Alexis was born there. My parents live near here. And so does one of my best friends. Plus, I just love the beautiful green trees. I miss those trees. Luckily, my bff gave me an opportunity to visit with the hopes of taking lots of beautiful photos as their newborn baby makes his entrance. She has two other kids and an extra pair of hands is hopefully helpful. Thanks husbands, for working so hard. But being 9 months pregnant isn't easy! The grandparents get to have fun with Alexis too. She is at the best age.




I can't really edit photos until I get home, but I have to give a sneak peak of this radiant lady!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...