Skip to main content

Shopping for Tall

Shopping can easily become an annoyance.

So here is what I have found works for people like me (Tall really isn't that rare!)

Old Navy - bless them, seriously bless them. They sell TALL pants AND tops and they really mean it. They have largely improved over the years with fit although they still run larger and sometimes their tops are too thin BUT you can't beat the fit for the price. I LOVE their Diva fit jeans. Now I just need them to come up with a good pair of kaki pants that look good front & back.

Express - for quality work pants. They have a ton of options although it seem their Editor line is preferred (thicker pant). I just ordered a couple 50% off hoping one will fit.

JCPenny - Although I feel like online is your best chance at actually finding Tall, I hear it does exist and they have the coupons that come in the mail. So out of department stores, JCPennys wins.

And that's about it folks. There are several places that sell "long" and lie about it, but jeans are easier to find and American Eagle is a good option if their fit works for you or Buckle if you have the money. Banana Republic, GAP & Jcrew are just really expensive and I haven't liked their options lately.

Tall friends, tell me if you have discovered anything different. And by tall, you better be at least 5'9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...