Skip to main content

When Crap Says Hello... Perhaps It Fertilizes



I know you heard we were moving... again. 
It's really hard for me not to share when things happen, especially BIG things.
This one was a little different though. You don't really want to scream it. Or can't.
Any way, we're moving again. And I need to at least document that.
Just know it was sudden but perhaps the push we needed and wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
Our days in Hickory may be counted down, our 30 day notice is in.
But it could be extended. There just isn't much incentive to extend; it becomes a money pit if we don't decide quickly. And Mr Smith definitely decided sooner than me that boxes were needed.
We could make a life here for another 5 years, or just go where Mr Smith's heart has always been.
I know I've had a love / hate relationship with this place. And honestly I feel awkward calling any city home.

I wonder why we came here and at the same time couldn't imagine not knowing or seeing the people and places here. I've told myself for awhile now to appreciate the relationships while they exist because people come and go so quickly, but truthfully, I come and go so quickly. I moved every year in college.  There was my stay in Myrtle + 3 times in Virginia, my 2 years of living there. And as a couple, we've moved going on 4 times in 3 years, 3 cities. There was that 600 sq ft that cost us $1200 in Arlington. There was the 1010 sq ft apartment in Winston-Salem for $700, then this cottage house of 1400 sq ft for $675 in Hickory and now somewhere in UT most likely. I wish I could say this increase in sq footage and decrease in housing costs was a new trend, but it also means we keep moving to smaller towns. Who knows what is next. Of course I only care about where my next home will be. It's in the heart right?


PopPop came to say goodbye! It's starting to get a little sad . . .






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...