Skip to main content

Yes, I have a timer. Useful that thing is.

I was going to bed and then I thought what the heck, I'll gnaw on some homemade bread and throw some excess verbiage out into the unknown.

All at once I feel like my back molar might fall out, an invisible ant is crawling on my arm and I didn't know how to spell gnaw.

I was doing the dishes I ignored and then forgot about when it was a sane time to do them, so I'm trying to pick up each dish in a whisper. But we have ants now, so it has to be done. My best and most humorous thoughts come to mind late at night during my dish washing chores, but hardly anyone hears them because I am left alone and I forget by the time I come to the computer.

But let me ask you a question. Do you ever have those times where dinner goes all wrong? I feel like that is my moment in the 24 hour day to prove myself. The babes are always irritable and demanding. The honey is running late at the office. Your temperature is rising, the mess piles up from the meals earlier that day, there's the stress of committing to a meal you had in mind, the meat you forgot to thaw, etc… etc… . And then the pasta is overcooked. At least more times than not a meal fail involves overcooked pasta. Why does this happen more than once Mr Smith? I don't know. YES I HAVE A TIMER. My moment of shine turned into outer darkness, but it's not because Mr Smith is upset (he knows better). Even when Mr Smith doesn't give me credit on a good meal, mostly the soups or loaded veggie meals, I will give myself an A+ and move along happy as a clam until the next 6 PM. But on the days of meal bombs, I just want to bang my head against a window because there was so much potential. Gone. 

Mr Smith eats ice-cream. I eat cereal. Alexis is thrown under the bus and is given the overcooked pasta.
It's really not the end of the world. But sometimes it seems that way.

Just know, for every meal I cheer about and post to Instagram, another bomb goes off. I read somewhere how all these social media outlets portray false lives. Which is true. I'm trying to keep it real. 

And I might as well document it here as one of THE BIGGEST pet peeve's I have, outside of inefficiency, is when your husband walks in through the door on his phone. When the pasta is boiling, the babe is screaming, and you have something to say because heck, no one has heard you for the past 12 hours. Hey babe + kiss on the cheek = less overcooked pasta. Even if it's your mother.

#huff

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...