Skip to main content

Perfect Moments

They are so rare! I am the biggest whiner I know and I can definitely be a debbie downer if I'm not careful. I don't mean to be that way, I just tend to see what could be better. Some people get really bogged down by that so I try to bite my tongue on occasion. But it's nice when I don't even have to try. Like this one time Mr Smith treated Lexi and I to lunch.

We found a nifty boutique and antique mall up the way (I got that rocker that I plan on painting white for 50% off, so $15, exactly what I was hoping for), experienced the best teriyaki chicken I've ever had at Nara's & took a stroll along a beautiful little park right next to Mr Smith's office. We even ran into some friends when we stopped by Aldi on the way home (Lenior has an Aldi too so we killed two birds with one trip)




What other perfect moments do I remember? I definitely need to make sure I write them all down. What a fun list to go back to!

Perhaps when I realized this cookbook from my MIL has it all and that I finally made the perfect batch of chocolate chip cookies. Seriously the dough and the cookies the following day were delicious. Also, the moment when Alexis kept giggling for a solid 5 minutes over this cat that let her love her.



And then finding old memories like a notebook page of Mr Smith's texts during our engagement.
These are the moments of perfection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...