Skip to main content

Just Don't

Don't ever ask a married couple when they plan on having kids, because the answer you want isn't really what you want to hear. We are trying.

Because you want to know what that means? Right. Way to be awkward lady - who isn't my spouse - so just keep your curiosity about our love life to yourself. It also can be very sensitive when I have been trying for years. If I want to talk about that heart ache, I will. But guess what, I'm not. Your subtle inclination to bring up the topic is not subtle at all. 

What you don't want to hear is only a responsible decision, if in fact we are not trying, it's because we are waiting until we both feel the time is right, for both of us mentally & physically. It's planned parenthood, but in no relation to the abortion promoting secret combination group which isn't secret but still evil. We understand God's will and are capable of thinking about it together - that is without your opinion.

And if you want to chastise those who put off having children or decide not to have any at all due to the possible inconvenience, guess what, still not your concern. Some people need to get the singleness out of their system. Because kids are a pretty significant inconvenience if you're not ready for it. 

Yeaaaahhhh

If they currently don't have children, encourage them to soak up all the togetherness that they can - to really enjoy getting to know each other because that dynamic changes so much with kids. Don't tell them that, it'll only annoy them, just encourage them.

If they already have children, you can ask how many kids they would like to have if you're curious. That's fairly safe. But they could probably use any adult conversation so play nice.

And we want four. But I think I might die before getting to that number.


Here are some phone pictures to follow up the weekend of the 4th:




 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...