Skip to main content

Queen of the Mountain

Since she turned 13 months, Alexis Jane has learned to walk. Finally we have an independent walker! We were beginning to wonder if she would ever do it on her own, but now when she drops my hand it makes me sigh a little. I failed getting any of the Frankenstein on a real video camera though, sadly. Hopefully I'll make up for that.

She also started this demanding high pitch scream, which has the uncanny ability to elicit suicidal thoughts. Not going to lie, at one point we were both screaming.

At least she begins with a dropped jaw gruntsqeal, and as annoying as that can be, it at least warns me about a full-out tantrum scream that will ensue if I do not pay her attention - the one that comes with the arched back; tell me you know it. I don't give her everything she wants when she wants it; what kind of mother would that make me? But at least I know when to pay her a little attention if she feels ignored. I can become a zombie to the computer, phone or book if I allow myself.  Ugh and I hate myself for it. But seriously you can only play with blocks or a fake phone for so long before you want to scream yourself. Finding the balance is what we struggle with. That's why the first time mother must cherish every nap time minute. You've earned it and will earn them. You won't get them again. Bask in their glory. No shame.

Focus. Lexi has also conquered the indoor slide. She is a little dare devil climbing to the top in all her glory and just standing there ready to do the chest pump. She is definitely at that climbing phase and finding all the closets to explore, etc…


She started calling Eric Pa-pa for a little while there . . . he's taking whatever crumbs she throws at him. I think she is starting to say other things, or at least the first part of them, but it's hard to tell, you know. 

Sometimes she is obedient when I say no. And other times it's as if I am egging her on. I also think I can give her anxiety when I just say her name. So she knows when she shouldn't be pulling e.v.e.r.y wipe out of the container.

We were under the weather for quite some time. 1.5 weeks seemed like forever. And although we've recovered, she has remained my little cuddle bear. And she loves eskimo kisses. Just when I didn't think I could be wrapped around her little finger any more… she gives me kisses, pats my head, claps when I get excited, laughs when I laugh, puts her head to my chest and wraps her arms around me.

I really wish someone could document all those cute moments for me.

I feel like there are other things I'm supposed to be documenting, but I can't think of anything. She is becoming a little woman y'all, the squeezable size.


Comments

  1. OMG Levi has started screaming this week. oaiwefhlaskdnflakshfoiashfkln I HATE IT. And it's heightened because Addilyn screams back for him to stop screaming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...