Skip to main content

Let's Be Honest

Sometimes I want to ball up (with my down comforter) in a cave. I hate those mornings where you're not quite ready to be awake and take on the day. You're stuck in your own depressed head and each thought somehow makes you more guilty and self-deprecating. I felt emotionally and mentally depleted.  And of course I called myself pathetic for not being stronger than this. I know I'm stronger than this! I know I can be a grateful stay-at-home-mom who finds value in helping my daughter grow, building my talents and making my home a place of happiness and refuge. I know I can love this work. I know I can be confident in knowing I am on the right path and doing good things. 

I think it's when I devalue my work, whatever it is, and I decide it's so easy I can do it on my own. Dare I say it, but I think Heavenly Father doesn't need to deal with me today. I act as if He thinks like the world - which doesn't recognize me and doesn't care - who thinks I have nothing to complain about. How is this girl (me) struggling? She is weak. Let her work it out alone. She needs to get her act together and no one can do it but her.

False. Tell Satan to go the bleep away.

Heavenly Father is ALWAYS loving us. He is ALWAYS caring about us. even little me. To him, I'm significant. I am his divine daughter. It is me who pushes him away. It is me who lets go. It is me who ignores his words of inspiration or his guiding call. It is me who can ALWAYS come back. Sometimes it takes more effort than we feel we can muster. But we have to get up. We have to choose to get up. We have to ignore the negative and have our eyes focused forward. We have to just try, even just a little. The load has already been carried, so let it go. It is no good to try and do it alone. We can't be perfect alone. We need to Him. And that's more than okay.

Botanical Gardens, DC; unedited - just beautiful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...