Skip to main content

Days with Lexi

Ignore the hair clip. I get a little ...overly anxious at the idea sometimes.


same with pigtails
Yesterday was a fail with naps & life… She is struggling to rid this cold and go to bed like normal. She is struggling to go from standing to sitting (which involves lots and lots of whining). She is struggling not to grind her teeth (it's the creepiest sound) and bite her crib. 

Sigh. But she's really cute. Most of her days are full of cute moments. I just like it when she gets a proper nap, so days like yesterday, don't end with contemplated suicidal notes.



More of the past week?

Grandma came to visit so we got 50% off Sushi at Wild Wok - our favorite so far is the Wild Wok roll. It's a great tradition. But mom's visit allowed for a double date with our friends the Harlines at Carrabbas, which I haven't been to since high school prom. Eric and I also got a break that 3rd hour of church and a few days diaper duty free. We also enjoyed feeding the ducks at the park and the sun. I realize I am a total girl who wanted each duck to have a bite. Is that silly? (Let's not make that political) We got so mad at the selfish geese. I also trimmed some bushes and realized it's the one part of yard work I might actually enjoy.



Let's see what I haven't mentioned about her . . . She is getting better at balancing as she walks and stands. She quickly get nervous though when her two hands aren't touching something. She has attempted the monkey crawl, but that's as high as she gets, she uses her knees and belly interchangeably. She didn't immediately start walking around things once she climbed up. It took her some time to adjust to walking sideways, but is getting better. She still loves every food we have tried, it's crazy. She has her sippy cup down pretty well (just water), with no help from her father who almost choked to death when he tried it out. I'm not sure if I should be worried about the unfiltered water in this area or not. She still enjoys strangers.

Oh and she started waving this week (by waving I mean putting her hand up in the air). It doesn't always happen on cue.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...