Skip to main content

Together & Far Apart

Mr Smith and I are not just different, we are opposite:

1. He has to have his head covered when he sleeps; I hate having my head covered / under the blanket. I suddenly feel like I can't breathe. I think he also likes close face contact. Again, I feel like I can't breathe and it gets all musty. I officially think I'm claustrophobic. I still kiss Mr Smith, somehow…

2. Ice-cream does nothing to harm Mr Smith's body even in excess. On the other hand, it just about kills me every time, even just a little. I always end up regretting it. He also always chooses vanilla. I would buy anything but vanilla.

3. Life gets hard and Mr Smith gets quite. Life gets hard and I get loud. {Mr Smith said this doesn't make any sense. He doesn't want it to seem like he becomes passive. That's not what I meant at all. You get it don't you??}

4. I was obsessed with grades in school. Mr Smith could have cared less.

5. I love / need to eat a variety of food. Mr Smith will eat the same 5 things for the rest of his life.

6. I eat cereal every day of my life. Mr Smith never has.

7. Mr Smith thinks Chacos are sexy. I like flip-flops. Actually, most attire Mr Smith picks out (for me or Lexi), I do not like.

8. He only wants white walls. I want everything but white walls.

9. I never think we have enough photos. Mr Smith always thinks we have one too many.

10. Mr Smith is athletic. I am a far cry from any physical strength / physical coordination.

11. He has the hard pillows. I have the soft pillows.

12. He will wait and wait and wait and then go buy the most expensive one. I will wait for the sale and then the coupon and then compare and shop around and hesitate and experience buyers remorse. I will return things. Mr Smith will not.

13. Mr Smith doesn't trust anyone. I trust everyone.

14. I go to a musical performance and think that was great. Go them. Mr Smith goes to a musical performance and mentally picks it apart. He loves dashboard. I hate dashboard. I love country. He hates country.

15. My life is an open book. Mr Smith has sealed parts, invisible ink, and the only key.

16. He excels under stress. I become a mad woman under stress.

Mr Smith and I are not just similar, but we are the same:

1. Our membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is central to our lives.

2. We both ramble about details because we think about details.

3. If we set our minds to something, we want to do it perfectly.

4. We do not get offended easily. We think people should not be offended easily. We forgive easily. We think people should forgive more easily.

5. Neither of us are spontaneous. Surprises are reason to worry.

6. We lose energy in large groups.

7. We analyze everything.

8.  We budget. We want to budget. We want to stay in budget. We care about the dollars. We care about investing where it counts.

9. We are honest, but we are sarcastic.

10. We are obsessed with our child.

11. We like action movies & shows.

12. We are stubborn & prideful to a fault.

13. Becoming more self sufficient is always a goal. We value independence. Sometimes to a fault.

14. We want to climb mountains.

15. We value structure but need variation within that structure.

16. We hate what our current government is doing to our nation. But more than that, we hate what society is accepting.

17. We both believe a clean home is a happy home.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...