Skip to main content

Remember Remember the 5th of November

That was our 2 year anniversary. LITTLE late about posting about how grateful I am we made it to the TWO year mark (marriage pros at this point) but that's because there are a lot of other distracting things on the computer (I don't even like facebook but it's the first thing I go to) ANY WAY, yes, I still love Mr Smith. I probably don't write about how much I love Mr Smith enough. I'm too busy whining about how easy my life is.  Like how hungry I still am after that pb&jelly sandwich. Making lunch is so difficult and I have no idea why. #whitegirlproblems

So, contrary to what Mr Smith believed or wanted to believe, Papa Johns is not our anniversary tradition (thank goodness I blog because I would have fallen for it). Last year was Olive Garden. This year was Thai, because it's our favorite (still missing our little ma&pop Thai place in Old Town, VA that boarded up their windows). We said we would branch out next time. I got Panang curry & he got Pad Thai - it's hard when you know you love it!

{A special thanks to my mother for babysitting Miss Lexi for the evening & for Grandma Smith giving us an incentive to actually get out & pay for a meal}

Of course we don't have any pictures to capture that special occasion so I'll just attach the go-to wedding photos. I know you can't get enough of those. But besides never dressing like that, we look the same - so go with it. I still love to remember that day!

And due to Miss Lexi's recent desire to be attached to mom, poor Mr Smith doesn't get as much physical attention that he deserves. I honestly couldn't even handle a hug this week. I told him I have to come to him on my own terms in order for the kiss to be affectionate, ha. But for real, welcome to two years & a baby. Apparently I'm not a dance in the kitchen while cooking kind of cook. I'm on a mission to cook, shove food in my mouth, put Lexi to bed, clean, then pick up my feet. Poor Poor Mr Smith. (don't worry we watch what I think is a retarded episode of Psych & cuddle on the couch - romance?)

We still love our lives. We're working to be better at living them. But I'm SO grateful, in all honesty, for a respectful, loyal, intelligent, full of service, honest, considerate, just-wants-his-family-to-be-happy, husband. He really does make me excited for the future & protected from this crazy world. He is my best friend & that person I can always fall towards. I can't thank him enough for catching me every day & for being a wonderful father to Alexis.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...