Skip to main content

Life is Tiring

Last night I was emotionally & physically exhausted. But we had our first real date since the babe came along. Yep, 5.5 months. Isn't that great? Mr Smith is really good with timing. Last time he tried to bring home two movies & call it date night, I slept through half of the first & left him on the couch alone for the second. Any way, this time, we actually got a babysitter. I thought I would cry leaving her except that she was sleeping & I was exhausted so, no, I was fine. I just wanted an hourly update (nbd). 

We went to see a local performance of The Sound of Music. They also provided dinner. Mr Smith was invited through work so since that part was free, a babysitter didn't seem so pocket blowing. For that reason, it's like heart & knife to ever go on an adult date. Plus, I like Ms Alexis. She just happens to go to bed at 8PM. And when I go to bed at 930, coming home from The Sound of Music at 1030 with a photoshoot the next morning just adds to the exhaustion. But aren't I Mrs Whiny Pants? I'm really just stating that I am tired people!

While we were gone to SC, Lexi slept in the same room as me and often times in the same bed with me & maybe slept 3 hours at a time. Is this a growth spurt? A pacifier can't console her after 2PM. Kill me now!

My grandmother is having mental & physical episodes due to what we have confirmed are the brain tumors, cancer, etc... I was really hoping it would just be her diabetes she has never tried to regulate, because then we could help control the episodes. Unfortunatly, she was taken to the hospital again last night, soon after Lexi & I left, because she was confused, didn't know anyone, had a droopy face & blurred vision. Her hearing was already super bad from the last one. Apparently she is coming around but it's definitely scary when she experiences these problems. She has always been so independent; it's hard to get older, and slower, and have things work differently than you were used to. But I am so grateful she came around by the time we got there & that we ended our trip on a good note. Ms Lexi brings joy to so many. We have Nana in our prayers. She has been a rock to everyone else all these years. I know Papa is cheering on his sweetheart in spirit.


To come: Nana wants to see pictures of the house, so I will try and get those, but ya know, I have two photoshoots in three days & you know how those take over my life!


And apparently mom says I forgot to blog that she is sitting up well. I guess she started getting better at it around 5 months. woops!

& these pictures are bad cause the lighting sucked, but she's still cute:



Comments

  1. Moving and Vacations always ruined M.'s good sleep habits. Sleep training isnt' a bad idea, usually one or two nights to let them cry it out and bed time is a breeze after that! I know it sounds heartless, but after you do it, you wonder why you didn't cry it out at two months! HOwever, I haven't sleep trained yet and Sammy is two months old :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. They really are happier when they sleep more, better behaved, learn more quickly, etc (or so the sleep experts say). I believe it though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...