Skip to main content

Filling Time

People often ask me what I do to fill my time. I guess they are hoping I am productive and that has been my goal for awhile, to feel like a productive, serving member of society. So out of the 15 hours during the day that I'm awake, 13 of them is making sure Lexi is growing into the person God wants her to be.  The other 2 hours are from 8-10PM which is lover time (which usually consists of last minute chores or dessert & Netflix) Of the 13 hours, 5 of them are nap times. Sometimes if Lexi keeps me up at night, I take the morning nap with her (1.5ish hours). The other nap hours I try to edit photos, blog, clean, shower, eat, personal projects, etc... When she is awake, I think that gives us 8 hours, we play, take a stroll, cook food, run to the grocery store or hobby lobby or walmart or target/babiesrus because they are next door & that's awesome when you have children. It's not easy getting in & out of the car multiple times + nap time always comes quicker than you think = cranky shopper! Every now and then we go visit friends, but for the most part we stay home because it's easier. Of the 9 hours at night, so far I'm still waking up at an average of 1.5 times to put in a pacifier & I end up feeding once in the wee morning, last night was 6 AM, but then she's pretty consistent about wanting to eat at 7AM too. I know I need to do the ear plugs again to ignore the 1.5 pacifier input request, but it's hard to commit. At least she goes at least 8 hours before she eats? progress? that was our first goal.

So that's our life.

Lexi is getting a couple dry spots on her face but lotion still worries me. Cetaphil should be ok for babies? I'm trying to encourage the cradle cap to go away but it still freaks me out. And she still has a clogged tear duct. Those are her imperfections. She's pretty awesome & is just laying in bed talking. I need to go get her now while she's happy. My big 4.5 month girl in her 9 month sleepers. At least there is room to grow. I found her on her stomach in her crib two nights ago, so that's the first time we've seen her "roll over". It's fun seeing her evolve into a little person. She is understanding more about the world around her & slowly gaining control over her body. 

Quote of yesterday:

Mr Smith: "So it's probably time you start working out again"
Me: underwear thrown in his face
Mr Smith: "I mean as in muscle tone"
Me: underwear in face again

My goal is to add 5 lbs back in muscle, but goodness Mr Smith wants to get punched in the face. 

We enjoyed our 4 day trip to Nana's house. It was sad to see Nana suffering from horrible headaches, but Lexi did bring some sunshine to Looper Rd. We are praying things go well Monday with her radiation & are hoping that she can spend the rest of her days pain free & happy. She is an amazing mother & grandmother and I have always looked up to her my whole life.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...