Skip to main content

Champ

I know it has been awhile, but truth be told, you haven't missed much. except for this...


I have a heafty 4 month old. I was thinking she would be 15 lbs, but she exceeded my expectations as well. what a champ. but alas, this just makes me sad because the doc says with her size, she should be sleeping through the night now. Sadly, she still feeds twice before I tell the world I'm awake. And some nights, like last, she wakes up more than just twice. It makes me a mad woman, just ask Mr Smith. I need my sleep back. My dear friend, Rachel, gave me ear plugs for tonight. hollerrrrr #iwonthear. It seems that some weeks I'm fine, but then all of a sudden, I've had enough & don't care if she cries. It's tough.

Mr Smith won't let me leave the light on in the study because I typically don't have an appropriate shirt on & he thinks the blinds in this room are see through. I told him I don't care (I don't believe him for one) but he won't let me have my light. Ugh, husbands.

Lexi did well with her 4 month shots. I almost cried. I'm just glad it's only a few seconds of torture. I was upset that it took so long for the nurse to come in because she had already fallen asleep! Try waking up to shots! But of course, she's a champ. She has this petrifying cry that she started doing the last couple of evenings. Scares us half to death, but then she's fine. She's weird. Babies are weird. Parents are just clueless sometimes. Dad is having to talk to her by her crib cause she is fighting her bedtime.  Oh these wee ones.

Here is something I actually miss from my pregnancy - the past two weeks it looks like I should be going bald. I hardly lost any hair in the shower, etc... when I was pregnant, but I guess I'm making up for lost time. It's always all over me, all over Lex, all over the bathroom, bed, EVERYWHERE. It's crazy. I also have to shave again when I hardly had to my pregnancy. So there you have it, 2 points for pregnancy #ihatehair

I had an old roommate call to catch up with me. I hadn't talked to her since when we lived together our Sophomore year of college. She went on a mission & just recently got married. I got married & had a baby since then. TIME IS CRAZY. & it was surprisingly hard to find time to catch up. I don't get how it's possible, but I'm just glad we finally had the phone convo. It (along with making my previous-to-this-blog book pre-marriage) makes me nostalgic. I hate how it's so hard to catch up with people I'm no longer close to physically (which is everyone). It honestly takes a lot of energy, but I LOVE hearing about what's going on with those I seemingly left in my past. I don't like leaving them in my past. (okay some people are more than welcome to stay there & still haunt me some) but we all move on & we just try to play catch up where we can. Just makes me wish I can choose my neighbors. Who is that lucky? Sigh - I guess I can meet new people and blah blah blah

Come visit Lex & I, maybe one day we'll set up a guest room just for you. Right now, we have an air mattress. But we're working on it (kinda). Apparently food storage has trumped that.

Alright, I need to go check on Lex. She is quiet but I don't hear dad either. 
#suckermustberockingher

Here is our Labor Day picture:

#gotigers


and this one is for Aunt Lisa:



Stat Record:
Birth:        8 lbs 15 oz & 22.5 inches
2 weeks:   9 lbs 4 oz & 22.5 inches
2 months: 12 lbs 14 oz & 23.5 inches
4 months: 16 lbs 11 oz & 26 inches

Comments

  1. This comment might get haters but: When my kids are old enough to sleep through the night but don't I put them to bed, either set an alarm for when I know they should get up to eat or if I know I will wake up before they need to I don't bother with the alarm. Then I take a bit of tylenol PM or whatever like that. Then I put in ear plugs and go to bed. And I sleep through. Within a few days my babies do too. I think it is as much getting in a habit of waking up, then knowing,"I'll cry and get the mommy to come" not that she's trying to be sneaky, but we have taught them that it works that way. She CAN fuss herself back to sleep. Then she will realize she can wake up in the night, roll over or whatever and go back to sleep no problem.

    Anyhow, you are an awesome mom, you can take my advice or leave it, but I know about needing your sleep. I hope you find yours somehow.

    It is super odd to hear you talk about your college days like they were a long time ago. You were a BEEHIVE a few minutes ago if you ask me! LOL.

    Love you, Erin Kellogg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...