Skip to main content

Today is the day

Today is the day where I almost got 8 hours of straight sleep, just 30 min short - minus the 2 times Mr Smith got up & woke me up (it's never perfect), but for the first time, Miss Smith slept for 9 hours. Mr Smith had to turn on the fan during the night which was necessary & then around 5AM he went to go make sure our daughter was still breathing. I was giddy. We were both surprised.

We put her to bed a little earlier since her afternoon naps were interrupted by roof replacement & her just not sleeping in her crib for long. I fed her & she took a bath around 8:30. She wasn't really hungry again so I just laid her down & she was out by 9PM without a peep. I had just ordered the Healthy Sleep Habits book & started reading it, maybe all I had to do was buy it. I don't know if I recommend buying the book, I could sum it up fairly quickly. I wish more books got to the point - that's all I want with those kind of books. 

I did realize by allowing her to sleep in with me in the morning (I would bring her to my bed after her 6:30AM feed) I was messing with her naps the rest of the day & I want a better schedule during the day, so I was willing to give up that last 1-2 extra hour stretch (it's just so hard when they don't sleep well at night).

So today worked like a charm, but tomorrow may be completely different. She naturally woke back up around 8 & I fed her then got her dressed & then we went on a quick stroll down our street. She was tired you could tell, so I just put her down an hour later & after a few peeps she was out. It seems so simple right now. They say up until 4 months they can't be awake for more than 2 hours without getting overtired, so my goal is to be more aware of her sleep signs before she starts rubbing her eyes & fussing. Errands might be harder, I can't be as efficient, but so be it if I can have a schedule & make her a happy sleeper. I'm used to her sleeping in the car or the carrier & I think all those quick naps have taken its toll. I would love to see if she actually can do 2-3 stretches during the day & that be it. Well, today is the day.

My To Do List:
1. Order Food Supply (buckets & #10 cans) from Walton Food. Due Sept 1
2. Take Eric's ripped pants to the store to see if they can be replaced
3. Finish newborn photoshoot
4. Suck it up & continue working on the blog books
5. Correct renter's insurance to be for a home & not an apartment
5. Clean the floors
6. Create a meal plan
7. Figure out an idea for curtains in the family room & kitchen
8. Think about making Lexi a quiet book for church
9. Prepare for the next family photoshoot
10. Find a 10th Goal

Miss Smith & her 3.5 month glory.






Comments

  1. there are countless times I stayed in the car as to not wake up Addi during a nap. I've also spent lots of time in our car nursing in between errands. Life is truly grand with babies ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...