Skip to main content

Craftiness


Well, this is my latest craft. Tulle Pom Poms. I'm satisfied with them. The crafts I do are not perfect & I'm slowly getting over it. This is where Lexi sleeps & I love it. She is there now. It gives me peace. I love sleeping babies & that moment where you hear they are awake & you get to see that adorable smile that says "mommy, it's so good to see you"

Here is something I haven't started:


If any of you are creative enough for this, we got it free thinking we could make it something. All we really need to do is prime it & it's a great headboard (for our eventual guest room) but for now, those shelves annoy me because our pillows are right in front of them. Any ideas? Mr Smith mentioned raising the headboard a bit from the ground so that the shelf part is higher up, but I'm not sure how he could non-awkwardly do that. The curves make it difficult to just put a 2X4 over the entire opening. Any way, I don't know what to do with it yet. 

I'm thinking about printing this 11X14 for Lexi's room. I'm struggling with commitment. I'm just really indecisive on which picture(s) to print/how to arrange them. Simple is always best for me.
(for those who want to know a good professional printing site: mpix.com, but shutterfly also does a decent job at a cheaper price; they always have deals & coupons)

I am really excited about this "free" photo book I'm doing with our wedding pictures (finally) & our wedding story. I loved the stories we wrote about how we met. I know how much I want to carry around my scrapbooks so I'm really trying to make a plan when it comes to what I want to keep for memories sake + have for the kids when they get older. Everything is online now. Like my blog books which are 100 pages+, bah!


I'm thinking of taking a picture of each child (suggesting I do have more babies) at one month in this tea cup. I never really did anything else that was cuter. Limited options. Go me for options.

And finally, the songs that get me through my photo chaos:





One last thing, my molar is giving me some annoyance when I chew, like it wants to come out. It's hard to explain, but it's not a pain per say, more soreness than anything. I was told last dentist visit that I have a small cavity on that side so I made an appointment in a month to get it filled (I have been avoiding it since we don't have dental insurance anymore) & hopefully that resolves this molar chewing issue as well. Just curious if anyone else has struggled...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...