Skip to main content

Water Baby

We went into "town" yesterday to finish up a few more shots of a toddler & then met up with some friends at the splash & play park. I had a feeling preparing for a lengthy day trip would add stress to my day, but I didn't realize so would Lexi's temper. It was not a good day until around 1PM. When we finally made it to the park (where she screamed at the end of the photoshoot, the entire way & in the parking lot for 20 minutes), she managed to calm herself down to nurse & finally collapse into a 20 min coma. She had to be exhausted.  I didn't think about the possibility of her teething at the time, but I was about to have an emotional breakdown. Carrying her & all the stuff. She wouldn't go in the car seat. And then eventually just couldn't be happy with anything.  I was so hot & wanted to join the water, but I really thought I was gonna just turn around and leave. So glad she finally came around. Right after I called Eric & told him to pray that she would calm down. I was a rookie & couldn't handle anymore.

So after her nap I wanted her to join me in the splash area; surprisingly she loved it! I was worried because it's colder than her bath but she was super chill & even began splashing around. I wanted to stay forever at that point & just hope daddy & I can come back one Saturday. Or better yet - find one in Hickory. It was like sitting on the beach with feet in the water except no sand & nasty salt water. I just ignored the possible kid germs & counted on the chlorine. I forgot her hat which I was so sad about but  just my back got burned. Perhaps the tops of her arms got more than they should, but for the most part things ended well.

Until this afternoon when the cry fest started all over again! Heavens, if a teething amber necklace is what I need, I'll order it now! Teething is what everyone says about it. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. The only thing that calmed her was a quick step outside & splash in the tub but even those things didn't last long. She's sleeping now. Let's hope it knocks any pain away. I HATE seeing her upset! Especially when I'm helpless. I can't think of anything else.

The Smith babies! Lexi was wearing bottoms & a hair bow but that all went to pots.

the cute toddler I took some pictures of

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...