Skip to main content

A Weekend of Warmth

Oh man it's steaming. I know I'm the oven these days, but 80 degrees! Full priority to turn on the a/c, Mr Smith. Speaking of Mr Smith, as most of you now know due to Facebook-shares-all, Mr Smith is getting a root canal! Mr Smith had some old fillings crack out at the beginning of the year & one fix didn't quite cut it. So now he's on drugs until tomorrow when he'll be placed on more drugs & get the nerves zapped from a molar. Yes, he is wracking up the dental bill this year folks.

But I can't stand to see Mr Smith in pain. He became addicted to google-my-problem & just couldn't sit still, eat, or socialize like the normal butterfuly he is. I'm glad to say Monday couldn't have come sooner.  And to think, a lot of people can't even afford to visit the dentist & probably just live with toothaches & pains day in & day out. If Mr Smith can't handle it, I don't know who can. For real.

But this past weekend was lovely, marking our 38th week of pregnancy, was
General Conference
and a visit from Eric's wonderful cousin, Jenny.

"Our quest for eternal life is nothing other than a quest to understand who God is, and for us to return to live with Him," said Elder Christoffel Golden Jr. of the Seventy.

Elder Clayton said, "Marriage is a gift from God to us; the quality of our marriages is a gift from us to Him."


President Monson said: "The knowledge which we seek, the answers for which we yearn, the strength which we desire today to meet the challenges of a complex and changing world can be ours when we willingly obey the Lord's commandments."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...