Skip to main content

Cake & Boobs



Because then I would have an explanation for gaining 10 lbs.
Well, I mean, the baby helps.

The college years . . . 


When I got married . . .


BAM this is what marriage does.
If only I could convey this to my new sister-in-law . . .
Be ready.
(you'll never be. the scale will amaze you every time)


So, just for the sake of documentation purposes. From weeks 28 - 31 
I gained 10 lbs. There - it's out. I said it.

8 more weeks and I might be breakin floors.

Mr Smith has definitely taken on the selfless role during this pregnancy, because he has a choice to be selfless. He listens to me whine or hugs me when I go from perfectly normal to tears in 2 seconds. He makes sure my water bottle is filled, takes on the dishes & laundry. He makes sure I have enough covers at night (even though I steal his & then kick them all off) He cooks me what he can and encourages me to do all things that make me happy, including eating. 

But he did mention that some of that 10 lbs went to my butt.
Thanks, dear.

side note: on vacation we ate out which we never do and I stuffed my face with free food at the hotel every morning. turns out, that catches up with you fast. but it's ok. I feel ok. Minus the indigestion, haha. Spring / summer is almost here. So that means fresh fruit & veggies that I love. And I will nurse mostly for the baby & me. Ok Ok. And I'll actually want to go walk / run outside again. Mr Smith said he'll help me lose it. 
See, what a sweetheart. 

32 weeks: Baby weighs as much as a jicama - (WTHeck?)

Your baby is taking up more and more space in your uterus and weighs as much as a large jicama -- about 3 3/4 pounds. (Length: about 16 3/4 inches, head to heel.)


and for you faithful blog readers...
The name for this week is Alexis.
derived from Greek αλεξω (alexo) "to defend, to help"
If you don't like it, don't share your opinion. 
I just need a middle name to go with it. 
You can share your opinion there.

Comments

  1. I love Alexis.
    Middle names:
    Roan
    Hazel
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Claire! I just need to convince Mr Smith of this one too.

      Delete
  2. I love the name Alexis and think Faith sounds good with it. I think that Faith is a quality that both you and Eric share and will give to this little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I am pretty sure the 10 pounds did go to your boobs. Dang girl, pictures don't lie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lexi is a cute nick name for Alexis... well, if you are into nicknames:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love Lexi! We just need to convince Mr Smith

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...