Skip to main content

#fridaynightsmarriedliferocks

I want Mr Smith to make me french toast for breakfast because I am soooo lazy. I think he fears making french toast though because he always makes me do it. Waffles in the waffle maker? That's his world.

This is also his world (#fridaynightsmarriedliferocks):

I swear our apartment isn't that cold (and it's not because I have an extra layer of flubber these days - okay maybe it is) but it's definitely cold outside. We don't get nice little snow flurries - we get ice pellets. Which means people don't go more than 20 miles an hour on the road (even if it's a perfectly ok road to go 35+ on) so that means Kayla doesn't go on the road. Anxiety attack just waiting to happen.

(this is from the first snow a few weeks ago 
- and horizontal stripes that make me look slimming)

My managers were sweet and let the pregnant lady go home before anyone else because they were concerned about falls in the parking lot or car accidents. I don't normally like special treatment, but you know, I guess I shouldn't whine there. I have the "I lived in UT" attitude sometimes, but even I know when to walk like a turtle.

I'm glad baby girl will be born when it's warm outside. Everyone will be happy around that time. 

Speaking of happy . . . look what came in the mail from Mrs Erin!! We're I am in love. 15 different colors & the perfect size! 


 BOGO toys and pacifier gifts.


Wishing I had a real baby


Already filling up the diaper bag - am I crazy!?


 A trunk full of stuffed animals (mostly due to my cherished childhood)


Hmm what doesn't belong? Mr Smith's unfinished workbench.


but look at her closet of food storage . . .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...