Skip to main content

Put a pink bow on humpty dumpty

I know, this goes against everything I believe in, i.e. pink and not gender neutral, but it's just how it worked out, okay? The paint color I selected at Lowes was "Red Mango" - it was slightly deceiving. Although I was going for this color, I got a slight pink/orange color. However, I still like all colors in general. Every now and then you need bold statements to spice up the brown that is found everywhere we are. And it works for the girl/banana inside of me. I may not wear pink, but it now exists in our home. See craigslist dresser below and thrift store storage cabinet in the living room. Both of which were different shades of, you guessed it, brown. (The inside of the cabinet is still brown) I'm thinking of using what's leftover for some wall art. Like her initial on wood/canvas or a cute quote to hang on the wall. I am also in the market for a cute lamp to go on that dresser  . . . 

I know Mr Smith, I know. BUT I've decided to ignore the drapery for now due to the fact that your bike covers half and it would just look weird. So now, I get a lamp.




The preparation phase . . . Although Mr Smith got sassy a few times, he has not chopped down the furniture pieces for kindling. He fixed up the furniture in a few places and "governed" my painting technique. I've never painted furniture before. Mr Smith loved to watch and I hated it. But alas, we made it through and if it wasn't for him, I'm sure the carpet would be pink as well. 

The only thing that I might consider later down the road (once it's too late) is to have some type of slightly glossy, protective layer on the tops of the two pieces, esp the white one. 



And cheers to 20 weeks!




I don't get offended easily, but I'll tell you what kinda irked me today. My doctor told me I need to watch my weight. Apparently I've gained 2-3 lbs more than expected. And now I should only be gaining 3 lbs a month. "You must have had a good Thanksgiving" - I did thank you. "Just be careful for Christmas" - I wanted to kill her. I'm pretty sure it was my boots and the stupid nurse who took my weight. Do they not measure your belly anymore? Any way, sigh. I guess there is a first time for everything. I really should be walking more and eating less sugars . . . but all I wanted was Krispie Kreme on the way back to work. (I didn't stop)

And here is the only spot of Christmas in our house. Isn't this sad? I want more. I live with scrooge though. A typical banter of ours is me wanting more, him wanting less. I AM getting a wreath to change out the 4th of July one still on the door though . . .



And that's my life.

Comments

  1. I am speechless in regards to your doctor's comment. What the junk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is ridiculous that you can't put up Christmas decorations. I would just ignore him and do it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Don't worry, if it's important to me it'll be there. The truth is we don't have any decorations, and I'm just too cheap to get anything for our small apt. A small pre-lit tree would be nice though!

      Delete
  3. We are still cheap, but every year after christmas we buy decorations. This is how I justify spending money and purchasing things that arent necessities.... Too bad everything is picked over in Houston! Everything is alreary "sold out" here! Could we have less people please! Anyway, decorations make it feel like Christmas to me, but we still dont have a tree :(.... Greg will only spend fifteen dollars on a tree so last year we bought a tree five days before Christmas at Home Depot, it was a charlie brown christmas tree, but it lasted all January! This year I hope to make stockings so we dont have our ghetto stockings anymore! Slow upgrades, or downgrades (everything is wood or plasticfor maddie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha do we have similar situations? yes. I tried making stockings and gave up quickly. I should have cared more, but I was loosing the battle.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...