Skip to main content

Puzzle Me

Did I tell you I have the sweetest supportive I-want-to-be-a-grandmother, mother? I do; she bought me the maxi skirt and is coming up in a few weeks to have some fun girl time. I could definitely use the girly distraction. Thanks, mom. 


I started this Sacred Grove puzzle during conference. I became exhausted by it (like everything else) and Mr Smith picked up where I left off then we finally finished it (today). Who knew Mr Smith was also an intense puzzle putter-together. 



That's me in my fantastic sweats with my awesome water bottle, which Mr Smith would like to point out doesn't spill when it turns over. (He used to get a little annoyed with water spots on the carpet . . . whoops!) Now it's baby proof . . . for me. I just like that it comes with a straw.

Tonight's "Why I love Mr Smith"

He left a set of clothes to change into in the bathroom so when he comes home late from basketball, he doesn't have to walk in multiple times & wake me. He can just go straight to the shower. I never asked him to do this. He just does, because he's thoughtful. (He knows I need my beauty sleep)

You still don't know him like I do. That's what makes marriage SO awesome. Seriously, if it's done right . . . in the right place at the right time with two people willing to match each other's efforts in serving God . . . you really can't go wrong. I just happened to get the icing on the cake with Mr Smith.

I'm going to read my scriptures now (because Mr Smith gets his reading done during the day and doesn't get too tired to read at night so he is better than me, (my interpretation of his words)) 
and fall asleep waiting for Mr Smith to come home.

Comments

  1. I knew your mom was going to buy the skirt. I'm so glad she did, you deserve all the best things. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...