Skip to main content

Little Lemon

How will I get pictures like this when I don't want anyone in the room but Mr Smith (unless he goes into a panic and insert mother here)? I'm not sure yet. Has anyone seen Mr Smith in a panic? That's what I thought, but there is a significant chance he could pass out, either from the blood or from me punching him in the face.

And I definitely don't want that many photos, but I would like a few b&w ones. I really like the ones of just him & her before. And then I want some cute ones of the babe . . . when it's cleaned up. What is the likelihood of me taking those photos? I'm sure knowing me, I will be full of energy (sarcastic undertone). It'll be like an adrenaline rush and I'll be like - get me my camera.

The parents are in town. Bring on the drama!
And an excuse to eat out. Heck yes. Buffet anyone?

Basically I want this picture . . .

Does anyone else stress all the time wondering if their baby is okay? I would sit in front of a monitor for the next 6 months just to ease the stress. Is the heart beating? Is it getting enough oxygen? Did me missing my pill ruin it's chance at getting the proper nutrition?!? The next ultrasound couldn't be further away. It's apparently the size of a lemon, but I just can't believe it. I wish it would go ahead and be the size of a baby already. I'll cry if I think too long about it all. And that's just awkward at the office.

Life is a miracle.

Comments

  1. I wanted that picture too. SO SO much. Unfortunately, our hospital didn't allow pictures of the actual birth. :(

    If you can, I would totally do it! I know you are thinking you don't, but every mother I've talked to that have had their child's birth photographed LOVED having those pictures to look at after the fact.

    Also, you will still wonder if your baby is okay even after he/she is born. Just be glad he/she is safe inside your body now because once that little one is out it's got to deal with the whole world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...