Skip to main content

I am very loved.

I came home today and my home smelled like lavender & peach blossom
because my mother loves me and thought of the time I mentioned I want my apartment to smell nice when I walked in. So now it does.

Mr Smith came home with his cold ears and he told me he didn't turn on the heat in his car until he almost got home. I asked him why and he told me it's because he wanted to know how cold I got when I couldn't turn on the heat in my car. The fan belt is making that annoying squeaky sound so I told him this morning I just turned it off and the noise stopped. He doesn't want me being cold.

I am very loved.

Today was lame when it comes to baby symptoms. I am not nauseated anymore, but I have constant saliva that makes me want to eat and never feel satisfied. I know my stomach is full, but my mouth is saying more, more, more! I still feel faint sometimes, my skin isn't getting worse, so I'm hoping it'll get better.  I still feel as if things are fairly mild.

Every now and then I move at a weird angle or just sneeze and it seems like my uterus area will cramp up. Sharp pains, but nothing that lasts long.

It's about 4 inches long now, the size of an apple apparently. 
I'm supposed to be 5 lbs heavier, with a stuffy nose & worried about my baby's well-being.
it's true.

Here are photos from the weekend.


My lovely family drove 8 hours for the Clemson game and to spend time with us!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...