Skip to main content

It's the Weekend

Good heavens it's finally the weekend and I couldn't be more thrilled. I hate living for the weekends, it's like being back in school. I finally got around to making the ripe bananas into banana bread. Mr Smith is working late tonight and I wanted to surprise him by doing something I said I'd do two days ago. Can you have overly ripe bananas too ripe for bread? We'll see I guess.

I'm not sure what plans we have for the weekend (obviously none) except to wish summer away into fall! I'm excited for scarf season, even though Mr Smith isn't particularly fond of them. He doesn't realize that I don't get dressed for him anymore. Okay, he realizes. I've actually had my hair in a pony tail for the last three weeks because I don't take the time to blow dry my hair. My sleep is so much more important. I love waking up with Mr Smith and like to come into on my own terms, not an alarm clock and never at 6 or 7 AM. But ya know, we're glad to have jobs. 

We watched the Democratic Convention last night. I tried to stay up for Obama, but couldn't make it. Biden annoyed me and I soon fell out of consciousness. I guess I like to hear what the two parties have to say. I just happen to agree with more of the Republican principles. Politics on both sides annoy the crap out of me. Both conventions make it this game of flattery.  I also just miss the debate. I really enjoy watching both sides stand up for why they agree or disagree. That way some truth is told. The conventions come off more prideful.

The average American doesn't understand what a trillion dollar deficit is and how we can change a country.  I don't know the hows and that's why I'm not running for President or anything like that. I don't want to have to stand on a stage and say how women are #1 and thank the troops every 3rd sentence. Don't get me wrong, I love women and value our troops, but I'm not out seeking political favors.

I vote for people whose principles I value so that I can trust them to make the right choices when the tough situations come. I'm conservative for a reason. Do I think money and price tags matter in heaven? No, they don't. But here in a capitalist America, it's how we survive.

I think it's a little ... questionable and naive to think we can all make the same amount of money and live in the exact same way. I don't know all the laws and in what ways they exist, but I don't believe the rich have all federal favors. Do I think there needs to be motivation for those on top to make it there? Yes. Do I think there needs to be motivation for those on top to give back to those who aren't? Yes. We'd like to think they just would, but I'm not going to force them. I don't think handouts teach any lessons or allow anyone to grow.  I think we have to start at the family level, the education level, the youth services level.   I think that is where I want to see people start to care more, really being better parents instead of blaming one man for all their mistakes & misfortunes. 

I think our country is becoming extremely divided. And no, I don't think it will get much better, but I know we can find common ground. I just don't know if we'll ever get there at this time.

I'm ready for the millennium.


God can cure all the sickness and all the pains, but he doesn't.
He provides a way, but it doesn't mean we stop feeling,
even if we remember to ask for his help.
We're meant to learn and rise above. No one can stop that but yourself.


The banana bread is ready. Guess what's for dinner!


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does blogspot hate me? It always posts my comments twice then deletes them all. Someday I'll learn...

      ANYWAY...

      I made banana bread last Thursday out of my overly-ripe, last two bananas. When I got home from work, half of the loaf was gone and a trip to the grocery store was absolutely essential--Jake's telework days=complete destruction of all cosumable goods in our home. But there is nothing like fresh banana bread smothered in obscene amounts of butter.

      Delete
    2. I think something is weird with the comments for this style of blogger actually! I never get emails when people comment so that's annoying. Any way - thanks for the effort!!! I shamefully ate half of it and think it worked out just fine ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...