Skip to main content

Come on Over

I love coming home to my sweatpants. My own bathroom that only I use (okay I have a husband). A husband mind you that is boiling chicken and sautéing his own onions and garlic because it's one of his favorite things. I layered them in brown sugar once and he won't allow it any other way now.

I listen to a lot of ridiculous people that call in on the morning country station. I really like the two announcers, but the rednecks that call in are ridiculous sometimes. People pretending like they know the Bible and that think "I guess that could be wrong" but don't really care that their current boyfriend is still married to another woman and it's called adultury. Never crossed her mind before.  But I appreciate the announcers who called her out on that. These people, these people exist and pro-create. Heaven help us. Agency is a blessing, but that veil is super thick for some. 

Yeah, I'm judgmental. Meet my husband. Come over for dinner if you'd like.

There probably won't be enough.

Also, why is it so hard to put up my clothes these days? I'm so quick to change when I get home and it's just so dang easy to leave the sweater on the chest. I pile slowly grows and Mr Smith tries to make sure I realize it's still there. Oh I do. One Saturday morning I'll be full of energy and will make it disappear, but for now, I'll be that teenager.

He's so cute. He's shoving popcorn in his face.

Good night all. We're in for the night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...