Skip to main content

Still Alive

So obviously you've taken my leave of absence as some sort of sign that I got a life or something, a life too good to write down! never.

However, I do in fact have a day job now, which I prayed I would have. It's funny how the wheels keep turning and you keep moving. When all is despair, little big blessings come your way. That being said, work is still work to me so if you want to find the downside, it's always there.

So I'll try and remain positive because I'm excited to learn. I feel like I'm back in 2nd grade again. Ya know, where you start to learn how to punch letters on a keyboard or write in cursive. We all hate it. Being so slow. I hate being slow. It's the second day so I can't be too hard on myself, but oh man do I just want to be 6 months down the road. Do you see how I am? Ridiculous. Never enjoying the blessings of the moment I swear. 

So back to being positive, I'm positive I don't have time for much these days. As soon as I finish the last season of 24, I'm all game. I blame it on Mr Smith who just wants to get me into the series "Heros" next. I'd rather hit myself in the face. It's been the BEST weather the last few days with all these night rain storms, but did I go running? No. Thanks for asking.

Maybe next week, right?

Any way, guess who isn't lazy - a previous roommate from VA sent me this wonderful card in the mail. I barely knew Mrs Kristen because she moved in right after I got engaged. I feel horrible about that (not the getting married part, don't get your panties in a wad) because I am a firm believer that she is one lovely, amazing gal. She just got married and I hope he realizes how lucky he is. 


This card is 100% true although she tried to say it was only 50%. But then does that mean my blog is interesting? Well, most days probably not. But I LOVE keeping in touch with people via blog. I hate facebook almost every day. I swear it's a parasite relationship. It sucks my life, but I can't let go of it.  

This card (& the cute magnet paper pad) came with the lovely VA tax bills so you know opening a package of happy thoughts made my day so much better than ridiculous bills. Although, I did find out that because my car is so old I didn't have to pay personal property taxes, so that's great. Arlington threw us a bone.

**Does anyone else get phone calls from their mother on the way home from work asking why we haven't had kids yet? Just curious. Those conversations always end so well.
***Love ya mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...