Skip to main content

Smile and Love It

Happy Saturday!

Where life is full of farmer's markets, garage sales, house cleaning, outdoor adventures, and hubby time. 

However, I might start clocking Mr Smith's shower times. Or I can just wait for the drama of the first water bill!

Screw up of the week:

So this week I made shrimp/chicken stir fry with ramon noodles, shrimp/chicken alfredo w/ broccoli & squash and then a chicken/broccoli casserole. All of them edible and all of them turned out great except for the casserole. I was hesitant putting uncooked rice in, and to my surprise it failed. Well, only because I forgot to include the cream of chicken soup. So after an hour past when it should have been done, I finally realize it and add it. It looked gross and mushy, but surprisingly still tasted alright. Enough for Eric to eat seconds twice. It's just that the ritz crackers on top got a little soggy (the ones I couldn't manage to take off). Woops! "smile and love it"

New project coming soon: I bought a small brown cabinet at the thrift store. It has a shelf in there and thought it would be great for holding most of my scrapbook/craft stuff. It also reminded me of something I saw on pinterest so of course I'm just like *perfect project* and lost sanity. Well, it's fine after a little cobweb cleaning. Eric said he will teach me how to fix it up a little, sand it down and paint it! Now, I just have to decide on a color. Eric apparently hates green. We only have browns and beige colors currently, but that's not what I want forever. But it will be awesome.

Memories:
I just figured out how to get pictures off my phone

Eric built that wall! He helped Rachel and Regan build a pocket door for their kitchen among a few other things. He's such a handy man!


One of our many road trips. So cute. This is the time when I can listen to country music.


Installing Internet in our first apartment. I remember this taking longer than expected, but of course I was probably not doing much to help, except take pictures.


Oh and in the beginning, when we didn't have chairs or kitchen knives. . .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...