Skip to main content

A lonely roadtrip

Updates: I think I'll need another haircut to fix the layering in the back of my head. HUGE disappointment! But maybe then I can cut it a little shorter with some shorter layering in the front. Perhaps my hair doesn't handle layering in the back because it's so thick.

Also, the pictures from snapshot.com shipped timely and printed great. No more cardboard on the walls! The sofa and recliners came as well and are currently being used by Mr Smith for nap time. They are consuming our now small-sized living room. I will take pictures soon, promise!

I drove 7 hours to FL and 8 hours back to see my youngest brother graduate from high school. As National Honor Society President, he has done us proud. I didn't want him to think just because we've all left him alone that he's forgotten. Certainly not, and we're jealous he basically graduates with his AA under his belt. I am one of those who doesn't know how to take short-cuts in life. 


However, I was glad to get back to Mr Smith. It was weird being away from him. I guess that means I love him and won't be going anywhere for while! I'm beginning to loathe my car.

READS: I read this blog article today going around on Facebook
I enjoyed an interesting perspective.

PROJECTS: Get a job before I freak out (too late). Our spare bedroom is a disaster and in need of major organization, without desks and shelves. Sooo that's difficult. Plus if I start moving Eric's stuff he'll start asking me where everything is. There is a guitar I bought two summers ago along with Spanish CDs left unheard. There is that gym 2 minutes away and Zumba two clicks away. What about cooking, sewing, and crafting? Yeah. yeah. yeah.

I'm making some friends here in WS and we're working on it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a Plan for That

  Perhaps I'm ready to begin again, again. I struggle to add more words to the universe & I feel the same with photos. I let two of my passions die, both rather abruptly. My posts used to write themselves, I felt so guided in what God needed me to say. But this past year, my words have been removed. I moved from this blog over to Instagram as a better place to connect, but then everything became a distraction, and even the good distractions soon became too overwhelming. I can't possibly do every craft or recipe I've saved at this point. Unfortunately, I became painfully aware of my addictive attachment to my algorithm & lost much of my peace & productivity because of it. Satan knew, but I was too slow to recognize complacency & emptiness disguised as creative options & worldly debates. "The days are gone that you can be a quiet and comfortable Christian." I am definitely not raising quiet Christians, but perhaps we are still trying to be too co...

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...