Skip to main content

Create Me a Life

I spend about 4 hours every morning with job hunt stuff, and then I'm off to have a life. It's easier said than done. In my mind, another job would relieve all stress, but I'm trying. I know I'll never get this time again. I just don't think I'm that great at teaching myself things. Time management is really challenging without a set schedule.

So any way, this week I downloaded a trial version of Indesign to try and become familiar with it, just in case said job would like me to be. Here is my first project (because I couldn't think of anything else except for my love for Mr Smith).

I then worked on things to add to my Photo page: click here. I wanted something more interactive, but when I use blogger instead of my own website, I don't think I have many options. I would like to create an online portfolio/magazine to include more than just photos, but that sounds like money and nerd smarts.  Any way, do you need a brochure, a card, an ad created? I need some realistic ideas.

Comments

  1. Hey! I loved this post. I've only worked with InDesign a few times, but it was a little intimidating. How do you feel about designing Hudson's birthday party invites? Is that something you could maybe do? I would do it, but I have no clue where to even begin. Let me know if you are interested and we can work out the details. E-mail me corbett.abby@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Baby Story - Alexis

Alexis Jane Smith 04.27.13 - 5:16PM 8lbs 15oz - 22.5 inches brown hair, undetermined (blue) eyes NB clothes are too tight You hate diaper changes You love being swaddled You are a piranha for food Your skin is perfect You sleep better with noises You came out sucking on your fingers But luckily you're not a scratcher Basically, we think you're perfect. First day at home photo Dear Lexi,  We couldn't handle holding you inside my stomach for another minute. We made an appointment when the contractions never came. Things were changing, but you were still 7 days late. Maybe we were eager parents, but now that we have you in our arms, we understand why, really understand. You're amazing . By the time we showed up at your 6 AM hospital appointment to be induced, I was already 3.5 cm dilated & 90% effaced & having mild contractions. So mild I thought I might have had high pain tolerance because I didn't feel th...

We're patiently waiting

Picture Mr Smith putting together the pack-n-play. He was so cute. Mostly when he had to read the directions. Do we have a child? Don't ask such silly questions. Hopefully it won't collect too much dust in 5.5 months. We're ready now . . . (but not really) It has a changing thing and a removable bassinet that vibrates.  I'm okay with not needing a changing table.  It will probably mean we won't get a crib for awhile too.  Next we need to hear from our baby/exercise friends a good car seat & jogging stroller (maybe ones that work together)... Any favorites? Then a blanket . . . Then a breast pump . . . Then a diaper bag. . .  Then lots of diapers, toys & cute clothes.  And even a mobile.  Then they get older and there's even more things. Mr Smith is just so thrilled. I'd love to hear about any products that you recommend/absolutely love having. Here is one thing you can do to annoy Mr Smith: go ...

We Remember... All the Time We... Spent Together

My 1-1 days are shortly coming to an end with my oldest who decided to have more time with me and her youngest sibling this past year & I'll forever be grateful for that. I'm never ready for them to grow up and give most their time & attention to everyone else.  Again, we are excited for another phase & this time she gets to be the big kid coming back with more rest & confidence to wrap up her middle school years going part-time for 8th grade. Will busy work burn out still be a concern? Will "learning" in a noisy & crude environment still be a concern? Will losing more of her childhood still be a concern? Yes, yes and yes. However, she knows how to choose good friends, she knows how to work hard, and she knows she enjoys structure & peer competition coming from outside the home. I don't know if she'll push herself to participate more in sports, or find new opportunities elsewhere, but that's the blessings of this life - there are al...